Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Library Kids vs. Morgana le Fay

At tonight’s meeting, we read a story in which King Arthur meets the evil Morgana le Fay. We talked about how we know she is evil because an evil light is in her eye, and because she keeps secrets from her husband. I foreshadowed some upcoming legends by telling them that Arthur will confront Morgana again. I asked them what they would do if they confronted Morgana le Fay. I’ve reconstructed the following story from a battle plan created by Sir Eli, Sir Sahid, Sir Ty, and Sir Wes. My goal is to get the kids to tell me more stories so we can lay the groundwork for some creative writing games...I mean, exercises.
We would call King Arthur, and the authorities, and the Ghostbusters. If she was alone, we would tackle her into submission with our sheer brute force.
If she had an army, we would assemble our own army. We would use golden weapons with power and lasers to fight her. We would stick a watermelon on her head so she could not see. We would throw smoke bombs, electricity bombs, and ninja stars at her. We would also put her in a maze so she can’t find her way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment